Monday, June 6, 2011

Lining Your Mold

I have three wooden molds that I use to make my soap and I usually line them with wax paper.  I try to use the wax paper more than once but it doesn't always hold up well.  So I've been looking for a better way to line them.  I came across this post on the Lovin Soap Blog that I have got to try.  Since I don't use dividers I shouldn't have a problem with the plastic being to thick.  I'm thinking of trying it with those thin plastic cutting boards you can get, but I'm wondering if they might warp a bit from the heat.  So if that doesn't work I'll have to look around for lexan plastic that is mentioned in the post.  Have you found something else to make lining your molds easier?

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could help you.... but I am still using wax paper as well!! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use sheets of pre-cut heat resistant waxed deli paper ...one fold and I'm ready to go (I don't line the "ends" -just run a smooth knife between the soap and the mold) This has saved me SO MUCH time and aggravation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, I wonder if I could get away without lining the ends? Would sure save a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete