Thursday, May 17, 2012

Summer Is Coming!




Summertime, I can't wait!  It means my icky springtime allergies will be gone.  Strawberries, raspberries, jam making, oh my!  It also means summer themed soap.  I made this soap using the hot process method because it feels like it takes less work/effort on my part.  I just melt my oils in the crock pot add in the lye, hit it with the stick blender then let it 'cook'.  I'm still not a fan of 'glopping' the soap into my molds, but I kinda like the rustic look.  This is how it turned out..... 
Introducing Sincerely Summer

I scented with Citronella, Eucalyptus and Peppermint essential oils.  I may have been impatient and added them before the soap cooled enough, because I only really smell the Citronella.  (Always check the Flashpoint of your essential oils, if the soap is too hot your essential oils will burn off.)   In this recipe I used Olive, Coconut, Palm, Canola and Castor oils.  It is very creamy and bubbly.  It will be cured and ready to go by May 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment